About the Governor's Task Force on Caregiving
The Governor's Task Force on Caregiving was established under Wis. Stat. §14.019 on February 18, 2019, via Executive Order #11.
Responsibilities of the Task Force include:
- Analyzing strategies to attract and retain a strong direct care workforce.
- Supporting families providing care for their loved ones through respite services and other supports.
- Assessing compensation and fringe benefits for caregivers including ways to make healthcare affordable for the caregiving workforce through employer-sponsored plans, Medicaid buy-in plans, or other health insurance coverage options.
- Establishing one or more registries of home care providers and developing a plan to provide referral or matching services for individuals in need of home care.
- Developing a plan to implement recruitment and retention programs to expand the pool or providers.
- Exploring and developing solutions, in collaboration with other relevant departments and agencies to support and strengthen the direct care workforce, increase access, and improve the quality of caregiving in Wisconsin.