Welcome to the Governor's Task Force on Caregiving
Full Task Force Meeting
(via teleconference or video conference only)
Thursday, May 28, 2020
10 a.m.–3 p.m
Open meeting notice
The Governor's Task Force on Caregiving was established under Wis. Stat. §14.019 on February 18, 2019, via Executive Order #11.
Responsibilities of the Task Force include:
- Analyzing strategies to attract and retain a strong direct care workforce.
- Supporting families providing care for their loved ones through respite services and other supports.
- Assessing compensation and fringe benefits for caregivers including ways to make healthcare affordable for the caregiving workforce through employer-sponsored plans, Medicaid buy-in plans, or other health insurance coverage options.
- Establishing one or more registries of home care providers and developing a plan to provide referral or matching services for individuals in need of home care.
- Developing a plan to implement recruitment and retention programs to expand the pool or providers.
- Exploring and developing solutions, in collaboration with other relevant departments and agencies to support and strengthen the direct care workforce, increase access, and improve the quality of caregiving in Wisconsin.